AN INITIATIVE OF THE
A. Tobacco Use
- Establish and enforce tobacco-free workplace policies.
- Provide coverage for, at either no cost or at a reasonable cost-sharing level, evidence-based tobacco-cessation treatments (counseling and all FDA-approved prescription and non-prescription medications).
- Provide employer-sponsored tobacco-cessation programming.
- Sustain a culture that values, supports and promotes healthy food choices.
- Provide access to healthy weight and/or nutrition programming.
C. Physical Activity
- Sustain a culture that values, supports and promotes physical activity.
- Provide access to opportunities for physical activity.
D. Prevention, Screening and Early Detection
- Sustain a culture that values, supports and promotes the prevention, screening and early detection of cancer.
- Ensure that health benefit plans cover, at either no cost or at a reasonable cost-sharing level, screening services for breast, colorectal and cervical cancer, and all FDA-approved vaccines for the prevention of cancer.
E. Access to Quality Treatment and Clinical Trials
- Ensure that health benefit plans provide access to cancer treatment at Commission on Cancer-accredited programs and/or National Cancer Institute-designated cancer centers.
- Provide education about cancer clinical trials.
- Ensure that health benefit plans continue to provide coverage for the current standard of care when covered individuals are participating in cancer clinical trials.